JDS Uniphase revenue rises on demand for networking products
Oct 30 (Reuters) - JDS Uniphase Corp reported a 2 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, driven by higher demand for its products from network-gear makers.
Net revenue rose to $429 million in the quarter ended Sept. 28, from $420.9 million a year earlier.
JDS reported a profit of $0.3 million, or breakevern per share, compared with a loss of $11.6 million, or 5 cents per share.
JDS makes instruments and test tools to deploy and optimize communications equipment and broadband networks for customers such as AT&T Inc, Time Warner Cable Inc and Verizon Communications Inc.
It also supplies equipment to network-gear makers such as Cisco Systems Inc.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'