JDS Uniphase revenue rises on demand for networking products
Oct 30 (Reuters) - JDS Uniphase Corp reported a 2 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, driven by higher demand for its products from network-gear makers.
Net revenue rose to $429 million in the quarter ended Sept. 28, from $420.9 million a year earlier.
JDS reported a profit of $0.3 million, or breakevern per share, compared with a loss of $11.6 million, or 5 cents per share.
JDS makes instruments and test tools to deploy and optimize communications equipment and broadband networks for customers such as AT&T Inc, Time Warner Cable Inc and Verizon Communications Inc.
It also supplies equipment to network-gear makers such as Cisco Systems Inc.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source