Kraft Foods 3rd-qtr profit rises
Oct 30 (Reuters) - Kraft Foods Group Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by cost savings such as a reduction in ad spending in some of its businesses, but revenues were lower than expected.
The maker of Maxwell House coffee and Planters nuts said net income was $500 million, or 83 cents per share, in the third quarter, compared with $466 million, or 79 cents per share, a year ago.
Net revenue declined 4.2 percent to $4.39 billion, in part because a year earlier it had higher shipments ahead of its spin-off from Mondelez International Inc.
Wall Street was expecting $4.56 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |