China 1-day, 7-day repos at highest level since June crunch
SHANGHAI Oct 30 (Reuters) - Two of China's key short-term money rates climbed sharply on Wednesday as institutions hoarded cash to make upcoming tax payments due before month end.
The volume-weighted average price (VWAP)of the benchmark seven-day bond repurchase agreement hit 5.6768 percent, its highest level since June 28, a period when rates spiked during an unprecedented cash squeeze.
The VWAP of the overnight repo also rose to 5.2835 percent, its highest level since June, up from 4.5716 percent at close Tuesday.
(Reporting by Pete Sweeney; Editing by Shri Navaratnam)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image