Mediaset denies merger of Publitalia with Mondadori ad unit
MILAN Oct 30 (Reuters) - Italian broadcaster Mediaset said on Wednesday there were no plans to merge its advertising unit Publitalia with the advertising arm of sister company Mondadori, denying media reports.
Mediaset said it was instead discussing ways to boost synergies from advertising sales at Mediamond, an company it founded jointly with Mondadori in 2009.
Mediaset and Mondadori, a books and magazines publisher, are controlled by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. (Reporting by Isla Binnie, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel