Chipmaker Skyworks' quarterly revenue rises 13 pct
Oct 30 (Reuters) - Skyworks Solutions Inc's fourth-quarter revenue rose 13.3 percent, driven by higher demand for its radio frequency chips that connect smartphones and tablets to a telecom network.
Net income rose to $84.2 million, or 44 cents per share, in the quarter ended Sept. 27, from $61.6 million, or 32 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 64 cents per share.
Revenue rose to $477 million.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government