Weak Finnish real estate market hits YIT's profit
HELSINKI Oct 30 (Reuters) - Finnish construction group YIT reported a weaker than expected third-quarter profit as economic uncertainty weighed on the real estate market.
YIT said its quarterly operating profit fell 29 percent from a year earlier to 37.4 million euros, compared with the average analyst forecast of 41 million euros in a Reuters poll.
The company lowered its full-year profit and sales forecasts in September, saying it expects sales and operating profit to be lower than in 2012. It reiterated this outlook on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Helsinki newsroom; Editing by David Cowell)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies