AIG quarterly profit beats estimates
Oct 31 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc reported a better-than-expected third-quarter operating profit, helped by strong growth in its property and casualty business.
The U.S. insurer's net income rose 17 percent to $2.17 billion, or $1.46 per share, from $1.86 billion, or $1.13 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, the company earned $1.4 billion, or 96 cents per share.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 94 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone