Avon sales plummet in North America
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc on Thursday posted third-quarter sales that were down 1 percent, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations, hurt by a big drop in North America and said the size of its salesforce had shrunk.
The beauty products company reported a net loss of $5.5 million, or a penny per share, compared with a profit of $31.6 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 7 percent to $2.26 billion, including the currency impact.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label