Avon sales plummet in North America
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc on Thursday posted third-quarter sales that were down 1 percent, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations, hurt by a big drop in North America and said the size of its salesforce had shrunk.
The beauty products company reported a net loss of $5.5 million, or a penny per share, compared with a profit of $31.6 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 7 percent to $2.26 billion, including the currency impact.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite