Barrick to suspend construction at Pascua-Lama mine
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp said on Thursday it would suspend construction at its huge Pascua-Lama gold-silver mine.
The company had been expected to raise its estimate of the cost of completing the project, located high in the Andes on the border between Chile and Argentina.
Barrick said it would continue activities needed to comply with regulatory requirements and protect the environment.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study