Cigna third-quarter profit rises as company contains costs
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Cigna Corp said on Thursday that its third-quarter profit rose due to revenue growth and as it managed medical costs in its commercial business, and the results beat analysts' expectations.
The company reported net income of $553 million, or $1.95 per share, up from $466 million, or $1.61 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding investment gains, it reported profit of $1.89 per share. On that basis, analysts had expected $1.63, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on