Cigna third-quarter profit rises as company contains costs
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Cigna Corp said on Thursday that its third-quarter profit rose due to revenue growth and as it managed medical costs in its commercial business, and the results beat analysts' expectations.
The company reported net income of $553 million, or $1.95 per share, up from $466 million, or $1.61 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding investment gains, it reported profit of $1.89 per share. On that basis, analysts had expected $1.63, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets