Exxon's quarterly profit down 18 percent, refining hurts
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, on Thursday reported an 18 percent decrease in quarterly profit on weak refining margins.
Profit in the third quarter was $7.87 billion, or $1.79 per share, compared with $9.57 billion, or $2.09 per share, in the same period a year earlier.
Oil and natural gas output in the quarter rose 1.5 percent from a year earlier, the Irving, Texas, company said.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data