First Solar third-quarter net profit more than doubles
LOS ANGELES Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc on Thursday said its third-quarter net income more than doubled from last year as it made progress on developing major utility-scale projects and sold more panels to customers.
Third quarter net income was $195 million, or $1.94 per share, up from $87.9 million, or $1 per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.28 per share for the quarter.
Revenue was $1.3 billion, beating the average estimate of $988.63 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted