First Solar third-quarter net profit more than doubles
LOS ANGELES Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. solar company First Solar Inc on Thursday said its third-quarter net income more than doubled from last year as it made progress on developing major utility-scale projects and sold more panels to customers.
Third quarter net income was $195 million, or $1.94 per share, up from $87.9 million, or $1 per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.28 per share for the quarter.
Revenue was $1.3 billion, beating the average estimate of $988.63 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape