Brazilian steelmaker Gerdau's Q3 profit tops estimates
SAO PAULO Oct 31 (Reuters) - Brazil's Gerdau SA , the largest steelmaker in the Americas, reported third-quarter net income of 642 million reais ($293 million), according to a securities filing on Thursday.
According to a Thomson Reuters poll of six analysts, the Porto Alegre-based company, was expected to post average net income of 546.5 million reais in the quarter.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls