Hugo Boss eyes strong Q4 after forex hits Q3 sales
FRANKFURT Oct 31 (Reuters) - German fashion house Hugo Boss said it was expecting a strong final quarter as it reported on Thursday third-quarter sales that fell short of expectations due to currency effects.
For the third quarter, the group reported sales of 658 million euros ($906.1 million), below the average forecast for 677 million in a Reuters poll. Core profit met expectations at 173 million euros.
Hugo Boss also gave a more detailed outlook for 2013, saying it expected currency-adjusted sales and earnings to rise by between 6-8 percent. It previously forecast 'high single digit' increases for both. ($1 = 0.7262 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source