Marathon Petroleum profit tumbles as crude discount shrinks
Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. refining company Marathon Petroleum Corp on Thursday said its third-quarter profit fell sharply, hurt by shrinking crude discounts and weakness in products markets.
For the quarter, Marathon posted net income of $168 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with $1.22 billion, or $3.59 per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Total revenue rose 24 percent to $26.27 billion.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |