US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat in Fed's wake; earnings eyed
NEW YORK Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday in the wake of the Federal Reserve's policy announcement as investors digested the latest round of corporate earnings.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 24.27 points, or 0.16 percent, to 15,594.49, the S&P 500 lost 0.29 points, or 0.02 percent, to 1,763.02 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 5.508 points, or 0.14 percent, to 3,925.112.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |