US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat in Fed's wake; earnings eyed
NEW YORK Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday in the wake of the Federal Reserve's policy announcement as investors digested the latest round of corporate earnings.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 24.27 points, or 0.16 percent, to 15,594.49, the S&P 500 lost 0.29 points, or 0.02 percent, to 1,763.02 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 5.508 points, or 0.14 percent, to 3,925.112.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets