US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat in Fed's wake; earnings eyed
NEW YORK Oct 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday in the wake of the Federal Reserve's policy announcement as investors digested the latest round of corporate earnings.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 24.27 points, or 0.16 percent, to 15,594.49, the S&P 500 lost 0.29 points, or 0.02 percent, to 1,763.02 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 5.508 points, or 0.14 percent, to 3,925.112.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB