MasterCard profit up 14 pct as card spending rises
Oct 31 (Reuters) - MasterCard Inc reported a 14 percent rise in quarterly profit as more people used cards to make payments.
The world's second-largest credit and debit card company's net income rose to $879 million, or $7.27 per share, in the third quarter, from $772 million, or $6.17 per share, a year earlier.
Net revenue rose 16 percent to $2.22 billion.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes