Newmont third-quarter profits rise on oil sands sale, output
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp reported a 7 percent rise in third-quarter profit on Thursday, benefitting from the sale of its investment in Canadian Oil Sands Ltd and higher output at its Australian and Nevada operations.
Net income rose to $429 million, or 86 cents a share, from $400 million, or 81 cents, in the same period a year earlier ago.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source