Newmont third-quarter profits rise on oil sands sale, output
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp reported a 7 percent rise in third-quarter profit on Thursday, benefitting from the sale of its investment in Canadian Oil Sands Ltd and higher output at its Australian and Nevada operations.
Net income rose to $429 million, or 86 cents a share, from $400 million, or 81 cents, in the same period a year earlier ago.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |