S.Africa's NUM union gives Northam Platinum strike notice
JOHANNESBURG Oct 31 (Reuters) - South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) has given junior platinum producer Northam a 48-hour notice of its intention to strike after wage talks broke down, a union negotiator said on Thursday.
"We have given them the notice and from today they have 48 hours to come back with another offer or we will strike," NUM negotiator Ecliss Tantsi told Reuters. (Reporting by Ed Stoddard; editing by David Dolan)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade