Resolute Forest posts quarterly loss due to one-time tax charge
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Resolute Forest Products Inc, the largest newsprint maker in North America, reported a quarterly loss, hurt by a $619 million charge related to income tax.
The company's net loss was $588 million, or $6.22 per share, in the third quarter ended Sept. 30 compared with a profit of $37 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 8 percent to $1.1 billion, mainly due to lower newsprint prices.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image