Suncor greenlights Fort Hills oil sand project
VANCOUVER Oct 30 (Reuters) - Canada's Suncor Energy Inc said on Wednesday that it is moving ahead with its C$13.5 billion ($12.9 billion) Fort Hills oil sands project in Northern Alberta, with first oil production expected as soon as the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project, located some 500 kilometers (310 miles) north of Edmonton, Alberta, is a joint venture with France's Total SA and diversified mining company Teck Resources .
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image