Suncor greenlights Fort Hills oil sand project
VANCOUVER Oct 30 (Reuters) - Canada's Suncor Energy Inc said on Wednesday that it is moving ahead with its C$13.5 billion ($12.9 billion) Fort Hills oil sands project in Northern Alberta, with first oil production expected as soon as the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project, located some 500 kilometers (310 miles) north of Edmonton, Alberta, is a joint venture with France's Total SA and diversified mining company Teck Resources .
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |