Suncor greenlights Fort Hills oil sand project
VANCOUVER Oct 30 (Reuters) - Canada's Suncor Energy Inc said on Wednesday that it is moving ahead with its C$13.5 billion ($12.9 billion) Fort Hills oil sands project in Northern Alberta, with first oil production expected as soon as the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project, located some 500 kilometers (310 miles) north of Edmonton, Alberta, is a joint venture with France's Total SA and diversified mining company Teck Resources .
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source