Suntech to challenge involuntary bankruptcy petition
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it intended to challenge a petition for involuntary bankruptcy filed against it in the United States by some bondholders.
A group of four bondholders holding about $1.6 million of the company's 3 percent convertible senior notes due 2013 made the filing under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Suntech defaulted in March on a payment on its $541 million convertible bonds, prompting its main manufacturing unit, Wuxi Suntech, to file for bankruptcy protection in China five days later.
Suntech said it had until Nov. 6 to respond to a filing made in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of New York.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |