Federal Reserve to buy about $45 bln Treasuries in Nov -N.Y. Fed
NEW YORK Oct 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve plans to purchase about $45 billion in longer-dated federal government debt in 18 operations in November as part of its effort to support the economy, the New York Federal Reserve said on Thursday.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound