Republican Shelby cautions against blocking Yellen's Fed nomination
WASHINGTON Oct 31 (Reuters) - A senior Republican on the Senate Banking Committee said on Thursday he would oppose efforts to block the nomination of Janet Yellen as Federal Reserve chairman with a filibuster unless some sort of disturbing new dislosure emerged.
"I don't think I would filibuster a Fed nominee unless something came up that was just horrible," Alabama Senator Richard Shelby told Reuters Insider. "But that doesn't mean I wont speak against them, vote against them, work against them."
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |