Canada's Valeant Pharma posts quarterly net loss
Oct 31 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc , Canada's biggest publicly traded drugmaker, posted a quarterly net loss that it attributed in part to restructuring and impairment charges.
Valeant posted a net loss of $973 million, or $2.92 per share, for the third quarter, compared with a profit of $7.6 million, or 2 cents, a year earlier.
Cash earnings, or profit adjusted for one-time items, was $486 million, or $1.43 per share.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |