Zimbabwe to review Implats sale of $971 mln stake in local unit
HARARE Oct 31 (Reuters) - Zimbabwe will review South Africa's Impala Platinum Holdings deal to sell a $971 million stake in its Zimplats unit to black investors under President Robert Mugabe's empowerment plans, Zimplats said on Thursday.
"Following the installation of a new government, the company's indigenisation plan will now be reviewed by the new Minister of Indigenisation," Zimplats said in a statement. (Reporting by MacDonald Dzirutwe; editing by David Dolan)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote