China Construction Bank confirms will buy 72 pct stake of Brazil's BicBanco
HONG KONG Nov 1 (Reuters) - China Construction Bank Corp will acquire a 72 percent stake in Brazil's Banco Industrial e Comercial SA for 1.6 billion reals ($719.63 million), the Chinese lender said on Friday.
The deal is subject to the approval of the China Banking Regulatory Commission and the Central Bank of Brazil, CCB said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange.
If successful, the deal would be the biggest by a Chinese bank in Latin America.. ($1 = 2.2234 Brazilian reais) (Reporting By Lawrence White; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit