China Construction Bank confirms will buy 72 pct stake of Brazil's BicBanco
HONG KONG Nov 1 (Reuters) - China Construction Bank Corp will acquire a 72 percent stake in Brazil's Banco Industrial e Comercial SA for 1.6 billion reals ($719.63 million), the Chinese lender said on Friday.
The deal is subject to the approval of the China Banking Regulatory Commission and the Central Bank of Brazil, CCB said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange.
If successful, the deal would be the biggest by a Chinese bank in Latin America.. ($1 = 2.2234 Brazilian reais) (Reporting By Lawrence White; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions