Taseko Mines to challenge findings of environment threat
(Reuters) - Taseko Mines Ltd said on Friday that it will challenge findings of a Canadian federal review panel, which said that the company's revised plan for a copper-gold mine in British Columbia poses significant threats to the environment.
In a statement, Taseko said the findings contradict best practices in place around the world.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76