Taseko Mines to challenge findings of environment threat
(Reuters) - Taseko Mines Ltd said on Friday that it will challenge findings of a Canadian federal review panel, which said that the company's revised plan for a copper-gold mine in British Columbia poses significant threats to the environment.
In a statement, Taseko said the findings contradict best practices in place around the world.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media