Taseko Mines to challenge findings of environment threat
(Reuters) - Taseko Mines Ltd said on Friday that it will challenge findings of a Canadian federal review panel, which said that the company's revised plan for a copper-gold mine in British Columbia poses significant threats to the environment.
In a statement, Taseko said the findings contradict best practices in place around the world.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split