Lacker does not comment on current Fed policy, U.S. economy
Nov 1 (Reuters) - Jeffrey Lacker, head of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, did not comment on current monetary policy or the state of the U.S. economy on Friday, according to prepared remarks.
In a Philadelphia speech, the hawkish policymaker instead talked about central banking over the last century. He noted that, in the recent financial crisis, the Fed's emergency lending efforts risked drawing criticism from those who see such moves as "redistributiuonal" politics.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales