France confirms two French journalists killed in Mali
PARIS Nov 2 (Reuters) - France's foreign ministry confirmed on Saturday that two French journalists were killed in the north Malian town of Kidal after being taken by armed gunmen.
"Claude Verlon and Ghislaine Dupont, journalists at RFI, were found dead in Mali," the ministry said in a statement. "They had been kidnapped by armed gunmen in Kidal."
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'