Fire breaks out in Saudi prison, riots and gunshots reported
DUBAI Nov 2 (Reuters) - A fire broke out at a prison in northern Saudi Arabia and rioting and gunshots were heard, a Saudi news website reported on Saturday.
The www.sabq.org news website said that security forces were at the scene in the Buraida prison, where the fire was reported in three rooms. It gave no further details but said a statement was expected from Saudi prison authorities later.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine