Magnitude 5.0 quake jolts eastern Japan, no tsunami warning
TOKYO (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5 jolted eastern Japan including the capital, Tokyo, on Sunday, the NHK public broadcaster and witnesses said.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage, and no tsunami warning was issued.
(Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter