UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday Nov. 4
LONDON Nov 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 21 points, or 0.3 percent higher, on Monday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 3.31 points, or 0.1 percent, at 6,734.74 points on Friday. The index hit a five-month high at 6,819 earlier last week and is up 12 percent from June.
* In terms of domestic economic data, the UK Markit/CIPS October PMI construction sector survey is set for release at 0930 GMT.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HSBC issues a trading update
WEIR GROUP issues a trading update
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies