US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rises at open ahead of data
NEW YORK Nov 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher at the open on Monday, after four weeks of gains for the Dow and the S&P 500, ahead of data on factory orders.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 42.84 points, or 0.27 percent, to 15,658.39, the S&P 500 gained 5.78 points, or 0.33 percent, to 1,767.42 and the Nasdaq Composite added 10.77 points, or 0.27 percent, to 3,932.813.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change