Nokia says Samsung extends patent licence deal
HELSINKI Nov 4 (Reuters) - Finland's Nokia on Monday said Samsung Electronics has extended a phone patent licence agreement between the two companies for five years.
According to the deal, Nokia will receive additional compensation from Samsung, starting in the beginning of 2014.
Nokia is planning to retain its patent portfolio despite the proposed sale of its phone business to Microsoft.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default