Hospital operator Tenet posts lower net income
Nov 4 (Reuters) - Tenet Healthcare Corp on Monday said third-quarter net income slid from a year earlier due to costs related to its acquisition of smaller hospital chain Vanguard Health Systems Inc.
Tenet said net income fell to $28 million, or 27 cents a share, from $40 million, or 37 cents a share, a year ago. On Oct. 1, Tenet completed the acquisition of Vanguard for about $1.8 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |