Ousted Egyptian president Mursi arrives at trial site:TV
CAIRO (Reuters) - Deposed Islamist president Mohamed Mursi arrived at a Cairo police academy on Monday to face trial on charges of inciting violence, state television reported.
The trial of Mursi, who was toppled by the army chief in July, could trigger more violence in Egypt, gripped by a power struggle between the Muslim Brotherhood and the military-backed government.
(Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter