Ousted Egyptian president Mursi arrives at trial site:TV
CAIRO (Reuters) - Deposed Islamist president Mohamed Mursi arrived at a Cairo police academy on Monday to face trial on charges of inciting violence, state television reported.
The trial of Mursi, who was toppled by the army chief in July, could trigger more violence in Egypt, gripped by a power struggle between the Muslim Brotherhood and the military-backed government.
(Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Seagram chairman, WJC head Edgar Bronfman dead at 84
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens |