Nokia says Samsung extends patent license deal
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland's Nokia on Monday said Samsung Electronics has extended a phone patent license agreement between the two companies for five years.
According to the deal, Nokia will receive additional compensation from Samsung, starting in the beginning of 2014.
Nokia is planning to retain its patent portfolio despite the proposed sale of its phone business to Microsoft.
(Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter