Nokia says Samsung extends patent license deal
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finland's Nokia on Monday said Samsung Electronics has extended a phone patent license agreement between the two companies for five years.
According to the deal, Nokia will receive additional compensation from Samsung, starting in the beginning of 2014.
Nokia is planning to retain its patent portfolio despite the proposed sale of its phone business to Microsoft.
(Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies