Seeking to mend rifts, Kerry meets Saudi foreign minister
DUBAI Nov 4 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal in Riyadh on Monday on the latest stop of a tour partly aimed at easing tensions with Arab powers, State Department officials said.
Saudi Arabia, Washington's main Arab ally, is angry with Washington over what it sees as a weak foreign policy it believes has allowed Israeli settlement construction to continue in the Palestinian territories and conflict to persist in Syria.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle executed |