Beiersdorf's adhesives unit beats expectations in Q3
FRANKFURT Nov 5 (Reuters) - Beiersdorf, the maker of Nivea creams and lotions, said it had gained market share from rivals in Europe as its adhesives division drove third-quarter results and an increase in its outlook.
The group had late on Monday said it was increasing its outlook for 2013 after group sales rose 7 percent, adjusted for currency effects, in the first nine months.
On Tuesday, it said sales at its Tesa adhesives division rose to 269 million euros ($363.4 million) in the three months to end-September, against expectations for 253 million in a Reuters poll.
Its consumer division reported sales of 1.24 billion euros in the quarter, just under the average forecast for 1.28 billion.
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead