Beiersdorf's adhesives unit beats expectations in Q3
FRANKFURT Nov 5 (Reuters) - Beiersdorf, the maker of Nivea creams and lotions, said it had gained market share from rivals in Europe as its adhesives division drove third-quarter results and an increase in its outlook.
The group had late on Monday said it was increasing its outlook for 2013 after group sales rose 7 percent, adjusted for currency effects, in the first nine months.
On Tuesday, it said sales at its Tesa adhesives division rose to 269 million euros ($363.4 million) in the three months to end-September, against expectations for 253 million in a Reuters poll.
Its consumer division reported sales of 1.24 billion euros in the quarter, just under the average forecast for 1.28 billion.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July