Imperial Tobacco CEO says not counting on economic improvement
LONDON Nov 5 (Reuters) - Imperial Tobacco Group Chief Executive Officer Alison Cooper is not assuming there will be any improvement in economic conditions this fiscal year, she told reporters on Tuesday.
"Clearly one can hope," she said, noting that 2014 performance would be driven by investments in the business rather than any market turnaround.
Cooper also said the company was launching two electronic cigarette products in fiscal 2014, but declined to give details.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found