Imperial Tobacco CEO says not counting on economic improvement
LONDON Nov 5 (Reuters) - Imperial Tobacco Group Chief Executive Officer Alison Cooper is not assuming there will be any improvement in economic conditions this fiscal year, she told reporters on Tuesday.
"Clearly one can hope," she said, noting that 2014 performance would be driven by investments in the business rather than any market turnaround.
Cooper also said the company was launching two electronic cigarette products in fiscal 2014, but declined to give details.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand