BTG Pactual sees commodities sales, trading gaining relevance
SAO PAULO Nov 6 (Reuters) - Grupo BTG Pactual SA's newly-formed commodities sales and trading unit will gain earnings relevance in coming quarters, with income at some point matching that of the fixed-income unit, Chief Financial Officer Marcelo Kalim said on Wednesday.
Commodities sales and trading operations are beginning to have an impact on earnings, Kalim said on a conference call to discuss third-quarter results. Synergies between the commodities S&T unit with fixed-income and equities "are there," he added, noting that the bank could make acquisitions to grow the commodities shop.
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- EU proposes tough sanctions on Moscow as Ukraine rebels advance |