CBS profit gains on higher TV-show licensing, advertising
LOS ANGELES Nov 6 (Reuters) - CBS Corp recorded higher profit for the quarter that ended in September as the company collected more revenue from advertising and licensing of television shows.
CBS on Tuesday posted diluted earnings-per-share of 76 cents, up from 64 cents a year earlier. Its net earnings from continuing operations rose to $469 million, a 12 percent increase from $420 million in the same period last year.
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading